Art Major Asian Scholarship Program at Korea National University of Arts
Asia Project is a global initiative undertaken by Korea National University of Arts, affiliated by the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism with the goal of educating students and scholars including professionals from East, South and Middle East Asian countries for spreading Asian arts to the world as a global educational leader by promoting artistic elites development with the full scholarship grants.
AMA, Art Major Asian Scholarship project is an artists human resource development program, promoting development of genuine artists and enhancement of art education of Asian developing countries in order to establish the center of cultural artists and a foundation of international art educational institution. AMA scholarship covers full tuitions of degree program as well as Korean language, and living expenses with even to the travel expenses, etc
AMA Project Goals
- To develop Korean wave phenomenon in Asian countries into the advanced artist educational culture.
- To Endow a role of Korean cultural and artistic diplomat to Asian art elites as alumni of K-Arts.
- To Improve artistic educational environment of Asian developing countries and establish cultural identity of Korean artist.
- To publicize positive image of Korean companies located in developing countries through company named scholarships.
- To create Korean cultural wave through pan Asian Industry sector.
- To promote support for artistic elites from economically unadvanced countries, as contributing to global diversity of cultures.
Number of Scholarships Awarded : approximately 20 new recipients
Types of Degree Program : Bachelor`s and Master`s
Period and Amount of Scholarships
- For bachelor`s: Up to four (five for architecture major)years with an award of 18 million won each year per student
- For master`s: Up to two (three for 3 year program) years with an award of 18 million won each year per
- AMA Scholarship offers university tuition waive, Korean language program provision, living expenses, provision of housing and flight expenses etc.
For the continuation of the stipend support, the selected students should maintain the academic record of B or above for each and every semesters throughout the scholarship period
Condition of AMA Scholarship
- Provision of Living Expenses: 700,000won is granted every month.
- Tuition Waive: 3,000,000won per semester is waived.
- 5 Month Korean Language Tuition Waive: 3,000,000won is provided.
- Provision of Dormitory: 390,000won per semester.
Please note that Dormitory fee is included in the provision of living expenses.
- Travel Expenses: One round trip flight tickets.
- Cultural field trips, extracurriculum programs are all provided for the AMA student.
Qualifications for the Scholarship
- Applicants with outstanding artistic talents, gifted skills and an excellent academic record.
- Applicants recommended by the government, ministries, and embassies of Korea and each country.
- Applicants recommend by the rector of the university graduated or attending. or head of government approved organizations, companies and art related institutions etc.
Those who speak Korean language is preferred.
Eligible Applicant Country : 20 countries
Bangladesh, Bhutan, Burma, Cambodia, China, Laos, India, Indonesia, Kazakhstan, Malaysia, Mongolia, Nepal, Pakistan, Philippines, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Vietnam, Uzbekistan, Kyrgizstan, Tibet
Japan, Singapore, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Brunei students study at one`s own expenses
Deadlines : To be announced
- Application forms are only requested by prior approval from the AMA scholarship project manager.
- All the necessary and required documents, personally delivered by the university, must arrive at K-Arts by the deadlines.
For inquiry please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Tel : 822 746 9073, fax : 822 746 9079
All inquires should be directed to the Website or to AMA office
Visit Official Website.