Master and PhD Scholarships in Petroleum and Minerals at King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals, Saudi Arabia
The Deanship of Graduate Studies at King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals (KFUPM) is pleased to invite your attention that application to Graduate Studies at KFUPM is now open online on the link http://www.kfupm.edu.sa/gs/preonline.asp until October 29, 2010. KFUPM provides full MS and PhD scholarships for distinguished graduate applicants who demonstrate high potential for conducting original research in the fields of Engineering, Sciences and Business.
Distinguished Partnership of KFUPM with International Institutions
KFUPM has very strong collaborative partnership on conducting innovative research with the following international institutions:
- MIT: Clean Water and Clean Energy research.
- Stanford University: Oil and Gas research.
- California Institute of Technology (Caltech): Refining and Petrochemicals research.
- Cambridge University: Oil and Gas research.
- KAUST: Many research disciplines.
- Saudi Aramco (the largest oil company worldwide): Many research disciplines.
- SABIC (the 5th petrochemical company worldwide): Petrochemical research.
Centers for Research Excellence at KFUPM
To provide extreme support for research in areas of excellence, KFUPM has established the following Centers for Research Excellence, in which graduate students can conduct their research:
- KFUPM-MIT Collaboration Center on Clean Water and Clean Energy.
- National Center of Excellence on Nanotechnology.
- National Center of Excellence on Renewable Energy.
- National Center of Excellence on Refining and Petrochemicals.
- National Center of Excellence on Corrosion.
Graduate programs offered at KFUPM
|Architectural Engineering||M.Sc., M. Engg.|
|Chemical Engineering||Ph.D., M.Sc.|
|City & Regional Planning||M.C.R.P.|
|Civil Engineering||Ph.D., M.Sc., M.Engg.|
|Computer Science and Engineering||Ph.D.|
|Construction Engineering & Management||M.Sc., M.Engg.|
|Electrical Engineering||Ph.D., M.Sc.|
|Geophysics||M.Sc., M. Geoph.|
|Information and Computer Science||M.Sc.|
|Business Administration||M.B.A., E.M.B.A|
|Mechanical Engineering||Ph.D., M.Sc.|
|Petroleum Engineering||Ph.D., M.Sc.|
|Medical Physics||M. Med. Phys.|
|Systems Engineering||Ph.D., M.Sc.|
Online Admission System
The online graduate admission application for the coming Fall Semester 2010-2011 is now available starting from Sept. 18, 2010 until October 29, 2010 through this link: http://www.kfupm.edu.sa/gs/preonline.asp
After submission of the online application, mandatory documents need to be uploaded through the Upload System using the same Login ID and PIN created for the online application using this link: http://adgs.kfupm.edu.sa/
Mandatory documents for application (without which application will not be processed)
- Copy of identification (National ID for Saudi nationals / Passport for international applicants / Iqama for residents of Saudi Arabia).
- Complete official transcripts for BS degree and MS degree (if applying to PhD).
- Statement-of-Purpose (a one-page essay focusing on career and research goals).
- Recommendation Letters from 3 referees through the online recommendation system after submitting the online application.
Other supporting documents (needed for final admission decision)
- Certificates for BS degree and MS degree (if applying to PhD).
- TOEFL score (min. is 68 IBT for MS and 79 IBT for PhD).
- Acceptable GRE General score (min. Quant. is 700, min. Analytical is 3.0).
- Upon approval, original/certified copies of degree certificate(s) and transcript(s) are to be sent through postal mail.
- Deadline for submitting the online application is October 29, 2010.
- Deadline for uploading mandatory documents is November 6, 2010.
- Deadline for recommendation letters to be received via the online recommendation system is November 6, 2010.
If there are any questions or further clarifications are required, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com or Telephone : +966-3-860-2800, or check our website at: http://www.kfupm.edu.sa/gs
Deanship of Graduate Studies
P.O. Box 5055
King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals (KFUPM)