Bagi anda yang sedang mencari informasi tentang PhD Studentships, Faculty of Medical Sciences, Newcastle University, UK maka di bawah ini Informasi Kuliah Indonesia kuliah-sabtu-minggu.com menyampaikan tentang PhD Studentships, Faculty of Medical Sciences, Newcastle University, UK
PhD Studentships, Faculty of Medical Sciences, Newcastle University, UK
PhD Studentship – The Immunobiology of Mesenchymal Stem Cells for Skeletal Tissue Engineering
Osteoarthritis (OA) is a significant healthcare burden and preventing or slowing its onset would alleviate considerable patient disability and suffering. The use of cell therapies offers an exciting opportunity to treat early stage osteochondral lesions that otherwise would go on to initiate osteoarthritic changes. One strategy is to use the patients own cells alone or in conjunction with a biomaterial scaffold to rebuild the diseased tissue. As part of the Arthritis Research UK Tissue Engineering Centre our research is focused on understanding the immunophenotype of adult mesenchymal stem cells (MSCs) and chondrocytes or osteoblasts derived from this source. Approaches to the isolation of MSCs will be investigated and processes implemented to current Good Manufacturing Practice (cGMP) ensuring their translation to clinical use. The immunobiology of MSCs and chondrocytes or osteoblasts differentiated in culture will be investigated by a number of approaches including flow cytometry.
Value of the Award and Eligibility
The award covers University fees at the UK/EU rate and a stipend matched to the minimum Research Council recommended stipend, £13,590 (2010/11). Candidates from outside UK/EU may apply but tuition fees will only be paid at the UK/EU rate.
Applicants will be expected to hold a first class or upper second class honours degree in a Biological Sciences subject or Biomedical/Mechanical/Chemical Engineering plus normally further research experience and / or a higher degree such as for example a MRes.
How to Apply
You must apply through the University’s online postgraduate application form inserting the reference number CL044 and selecting “Doctor of Philosophy (Medical Sciences) – Cellular Medicine’ as the programme of study. Only mandatory fields need to be completed (no personal statement required) and a covering letter, CV and (if English is not your first language) a copy of your English language qualifications must be attached. The covering letter must state the title of the studentship, quote the reference number CL044 and state how your interests and experience relate to the project.
You should also send your covering letter and CV to Prof Anne Dickinson, Academic Haematological Sciences, Leech Building, the Medical School, Framlington Place, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE2 4HH, U.K or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications
25th March 2011, although prompt application is advised as this post is only available until a suitable candidate is appointed.
For further details, please contact Prof Anne Dickinson by e-mail (email@example.com).
Supervisors: Professor A Dickinson, Institute of Cellular Medicine,
Dr X Wang, Institute of Cellular Medicine, Dr M Rae, Institute of Cellular Medicine
Sponsor: Faculty of Medical Sciences
Duration of the award: 3 years
Faculty of Medical Sciences
Reference Code: CL044
Mungkin Anda Tertarik
- Faculty of Medical Sciences MRes and MSc International Scholarships, Newcastle University, UK The Faculty of Medical Sciences, Newcastle University, is offering a small number of scholarships of £1000 to self-funding international (non-EU) applicants for 2013 entry into the MSc […]
- PhD Scholarships in Molecular Medicine and Neuroscience, Medical University of Graz, Austria The Medical University of Graz invites excellent students to apply for the PhD programs in Molecular Medicine and/or Neurosciences starting in fall 2011. Up to 21 scholarships will be […]
- International Masters Excellence Scholarships (Medical Sciences), Newcastle University, UK Value of award
Start date and duration
Commences September 2016 entry for one year.
Application closing date
The closing date for applications is 22 July […]
- Postgraduate Scholarships for International Students, Newcastle University, UK Scholarships are available for international (non EU) postgraduate students at Newcastle University – UK, starting their studies in September 2016, academic year 2016 – 2017. Scholarships […]
- Fully-funded PhD Scholarship at Cottingham Rd, Hull, North Humberside HU6 Iron-based nanoparticles with tunable magnetic and surface properties for imaging of heart failure. To celebrate the University`s research successes, the University of Hull is offering […]
- PhD Scholarship Position in Cell Biology A fully-funded PhD studentship is available at the London Centre for Nanotechnology, University College London in the area of cell biology under the supervision of Dr Guillaume […]
- Postgraduate Scholarship in Biochemistry at Lunds University, Sweden Post graduate Scholarship in Biochemistry for MSc Students in biochemistry or biomedicine or corresponding educationJob description: Studies on molecular level of structure, function and […]
- Google Europe Scholarship for Students with Disabilities 2011 Access to knowledge is our passion. When it comes to higher education for promising scholars, we do not want anything to stand in the way. That is why we are pleased to announce the […]
- Master / Doctoral Student in Bioinformatics and Cellular Mechanics, German Cancer Research Center Mechanical factors play an important role in many basic biological phenomena on different spatial-temporal scales: from tissues and single cells to sub-cellular structures. The ability […]
- PhD Scholarship at The Leiden Institute of Chemistry The Leiden Institute of Chemistry is part of the Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences of Leiden University. Leiden University is a member of the League of European Research […]
Demikian kami sampaikan tentang PhD Studentships, Faculty of Medical Sciences, Newcastle University, UK semoga informasi tentang PhD Studentships, Faculty of Medical Sciences, Newcastle University, UK ini bermanfaat.