Bagi anda yang sedang mencari informasi tentang Postgraduate Research in Environmental – Chemical Analysis, Dublin City University, Ireland maka di bawah ini Informasi Kuliah Indonesia kuliah-sabtu-minggu.com menyampaikan tentang Postgraduate Research in Environmental – Chemical Analysis, Dublin City University, Ireland
Postgraduate Research in Environmental – Chemical Analysis, Dublin City University, Ireland
Chemical analysis of novel contaminants in the Irish aquatic environment and their potential to bioconcentrate and bioaccumulate up the food chain.
Funding Agency: Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and Department of Environment Heritage and Local Government.
Description: The project shall concentrate on using established techniques to measure novel environmental contaminants, particularly pharmaceuticals in the Irish aquatic environment and their bioconcentration ability. The various pharmaceuticals under investigation (including antibiotics, non-steroidal anti-inflammatory, lipid regulators, anti-convulsants and beta-blockers), are known to be present in Irish municipal effluents. Chemical analysis of pharmaceuticals in treated municipal effluent and receiving waters (freshwater and marine) shall be undertaken using solid phase extraction (SPE) followed by analysis by LC/MS/MS to identify and quantify these compounds.
The ability of these compounds to bioconcentrate shall be investigated by chemical analysis on various tissues from bioindicator species, marine and freshwater bivalve mussels (Mytilus edulis and the zebra mussel Dreissena polymorpha respectively) exposed in vivo and in situ to individual compounds, mixtures and complex effluents. Bioaccumulation through the food chain with the potential for human exposure shall also be investigated using multi-tropic level studies.
The student shall be primarily based in the Irish Separation Science Cluster (ISSC) lab in DCU where the chemical analysis shall be undertaken, but shall be working as part of a team on an EPA funded environmental toxicology project located in the Irish Centre for Environmental Toxicology (ICET) in GMIT, where all in vivo and exposure aspects of the project shall be undertaken. Project supervision shall be from both DCU (Prof Brett Paull) and GMIT (Dr Brian Quinn), with the degree awarded from DCU.
Requirements / Background: Candidates should posses a primary degree (minimum II:I) in a relevant discipline (Chemistry). A good understanding and experience of liquid chromatography and mass spectrometry is an advantage. Computer literacy is essential. Candidates must have European driving licence, be willing to travel to various test sites around the country and to visit/work in GMIT on occasion. Studentship is subject to performance that is satisfactory to both DCU/GMIT and the EPA.
Project Start-Date: May 2010
Project Duration: 2 years (with possible transfer to PhD register).
Conditions: €1,333.33 per month plus fees and travel budget.
Closing Date: 5 pm Friday 9th April, 2010.
Application forms (available here or here ) should be completed and submitted with a covering letter and copy of your CV to:
Prof Brett Paull, Irish Separation Science Cluster, Dublin City University, Glasnevin, Dublin 9.
Further Information on the project may be obtained from: Dr. Brian Quinn at brian.quinn[at]gmit.ie
Mungkin Anda Tertarik
- PhD Studentship in Drug Engineering at University of Oxford PhD Studentship in Drug Engineering at University of OxfordResearch Studentship in Nanoparticle Drug DeliveryUniversity of Oxford - Department of Engineering ScienceBrief DescriptionA […]
- Hardiman PhD Research Scholarships, National University of Ireland, Galway Hardiman Scholarships will be available for new PhD students commencing in September, 2013. These scholarships are fully-funded for 4 years, with a stipend of €16,000 p.a. plus fees.The […]
- PhD Studentship in Tendon Repair, National University of Ireland Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for PhD studentships in tendon repair based at the Network of Excellence for Functional biomaterials (Official Website) at the […]
- PhD Scholarships in Environmental Engineering Eawag, the Swiss Federal Institute of Aquatic Science and Technology, is a Swiss-based and internationally networked aquatic research institute within the ETH domain (Swiss Federal […]
- PhD Fellowship in Environmental Epidemiology at University of Southern Department of Environmental Medicine, Faculty of Health Sciences, hereby invites applications for 1 (three year) PhD fellowship. The Department of Environmental Medicine at SDU carries […]
- Postgraduate Scholarships, King Abdulaziz University, Saudi Arabia King Abdulaziz University (KAU), Saudi Arabia, Jeddah, is pleased to offer Postgraduate Scholarships for international students (male only) for the academic year 2016/2017.
- Postdoctoral Fellowship in the Earth, Environmental, and Ocean Sciences at Columbia University Columbia`s Lamont-Doherty Earth Observatory invites applications for postdoctoral fellowships in the earth, environmental and ocean sciences. Candidates should have recently completed […]
- [Spain] PhD Studentship in Marine Palaeoclimatology at Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona PhD Studentship in Marine Palaeoclimatology at Universitat Autònoma de BarcelonaThe Institute of Environmental Science and Technology (ICTA) at the Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona is a […]
- PhD Fellowship in the Department of Chemical Engineering at University of Southern The purpose of the PhD project is through laboratory and small pilot plant experiments combined with LC/MS analysis to investigate the industrial viability of membrane processes in the […]
- MSc Taught Course Bursaries in Pharmacology at University of Oxford 2012 The overall aim of the MSc is to provide our students with the necessary training and practical experience enabling them to integrate post-genomic molecular biology with physiological […]
Demikian kami sampaikan tentang Postgraduate Research in Environmental – Chemical Analysis, Dublin City University, Ireland semoga informasi tentang Postgraduate Research in Environmental – Chemical Analysis, Dublin City University, Ireland ini bermanfaat.