Erasmus Mundus Master in Adapted Physical Activity-EMMAPA Scholarship Position
The Erasmus Mundus Master in Adapted Physical Activity – EMMAPA, is a postgraduate university program, providing a state –of-the-art on research and teaching methodology in Adapted Physical activity ( APA ); and the social, pedagogical and technical aspects of physical activity, adapted to the needs of the persons with a disability.
Objectives of the Master’s Programme
The objective of the Erasmus Mundus Master in Adapted Physical Activity program is to combine the competencies of a number of European and non -European universities in order to offer the students a comprehensive training and adequate knowledge in the many aspects of Adapted Physical Activity ( APA ).
1. To educate competent and critical professionals, who are able to design and evaluate adapted physical activity programs using an evidence-based approach. The course will provide the competencies to work in 3 professional areas: education (special needs schools), rehabilitation (late stage), and sports settings (competitive and recreational). It caters for working with individuals with a variety of disabilities both physical and mental across the life-span.
2. To educate people to participate in research to advance the field of APA . The course offers basic scientific skills which will enable graduates to pursue an academic career or undertake further research or doctoral study.
3. To educate people in identifying APA needs in different countries and seek out multicultural collaboration to enhance the opportunities for people with a disability.
How is the programme organized?
The program is organised within the following universities, that are forming the EMMAPA Master Consortium:
• Catholic University of Leuven (K.U.Leuven), Belgium
• University of Limerick (UL), Ireland
• Palacky University Olomouc (UP), Czech Republic
• The Norwegian University of Sport and Physical Education / Norwegian School of Sport Sciences (NUSPE/NSSS), Norway
• The University of Virginia (UV), USA
• The University of Queensland (UQ), Australia
• University of Stellenbosch (US), South Africa
The Master course has a duration of two years, consists in total of 120 ECTS and the official language of instruction is English.
Associate partners (not part of the Consortium) are: The Zinman College of Physical Education and Sport Sciences (Israel); The University of Beijing (China); The Josef Pilsudski University Warsaw (Poland); The Lithuanian Academy of Physical Education (Lithuania); The National Sports Academy Sofia (Bulgaria), The Steadward centre (Canada); The University of Sunshine cost (Australia); The University of Michigan (USA); Sao Paolo University (Brazil).
Application and the deadline
Students who wish to enrol at the K.U.Leuven have to follow online application.
Academic transcript(s), a motivation letter, a recommendation letter, and a proof of English proficiency (TOEFL, IELTS, etc.) must be added to the application form.
The application form is not valid without the Annex (pdf) for the students applying for the Erasmus Mundus Course in Adapted Physical Activity
The application fee of 75 EUR needs to be paid by all non-EEA applicants This fee has to be paid per application made. Please note that applicants who submit an application without the payment of the application fee will not receive their admission letters.
Please note that we do not accept applications sent by e-mail or fax. Send the application, the Annex, and all supplementary documents also by mail to:
International Admissions, Exchange and Scholarships Unit
Katholieke Universiteit Leuven
B-3000 Leuven Belgium
• January 31, 2011 for both: European and non-European citizens
Please note that the number of applications by third country students must be limited to three Erasmus Mundus Masters Courses maximum. In the eventual case that a student applies to more than three EM Courses he/she will be excluded from the selection for an Erasmus Mundus Scholarship.
All non-European applicants will have to pay an application fee of 75 EUR to process their file. This fee needs to be paid for each application made. This fee will be reimbursed upon registration at K.U.Leuven. Please submit proof of payment with your application. Payment can only be made via bank transfer. No other form of payment will be accepted.
For additional information on the application procedure you can contact:
Tel:+32 16 32 40 20
Fax:+32 16 32 37 73
Application Deadline : 31 January 2011
Mungkin Anda Tertarik
Demikian kami sampaikan tentang Erasmus Mundus Master in Adapted Physical Activity-EMMAPA Scholarship Position semoga informasi tentang Erasmus Mundus Master in Adapted Physical Activity-EMMAPA Scholarship Position ini bermanfaat.