Masters Scholarships, Education for Sustainable Energy Development (ESED), Canada
The purpose of the Education for Sustainable Energy Development (ESED) scholarship is to support outstanding students pursuing advanced studies in sustainable energy development and to encourage meaningful contributions to the collective body of knowledge about this subject.
The Global Sustainable Electricity Partnership considers an outstanding student to be one who:
- graduates with excellent grades in the top 20% of her/his class
- is determined to advance her/his knowledge and understanding
- has a history of community involvement
- is committed to sustainable energy
- is committed to return and contribute to her/his home country
Who is eligible?
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship, students must
- plan to undertake studies at the Masters level in areas directly related to sustainable energy development
- be citizens of the developing countries and territories identified for OECD official development aid in the DAC List of ODA Recipients
What are the levels of financial assistance and the duration of the scholarships?
Scholarships of US$ 23,000 per year for up to two years are offered for Masters level students. Up to ten Masters scholarships will be awarded annually.
How can I apply?
Information and the application form can be obtained online by clicking on this link to the Application Forms page.
How can I submit my application package?
Applications should be submitted either by :
- Using our Online ESED Scholarship Application Submission and uploading the requested documents
- Sending all the requested files by mail
As the volume of incoming applications is extremely heavy around the deadline, we strongly urge you to submit your file as early as possible. To facilitate processing, please label your attachments as follows:
Please note that:
- Applications sent by e-mail will no longer be accepted.
- Mail packages that arrive after the deadline will not be considered.
What will I need for my application?
All applicants must provide:
1) Application form fully completed;
2) Curriculum vitae;
3) Applicant statement
Please attach the form “Applicant’s Statement form – Masters Degree” provided for this purpose. The form may be downloaded from www.globalelectricity.org scholarship section.
4) Copies of transcripts for degrees and final grades
- Bachelors transcripts – They don’t need to be the original copies. Please note if you are selected you will be requested to provide original copies of all documents.
5) Letter of acceptance from an approved academic institution to undertake studies in sustainable energy development;
- if your admission is pending, please include evidence that you have applied for admission;
- if your admission has been deferred, please included the university deferral confirmation;
- if this application is for the second year of a two-year programme, please include a certificate of enrolment and your results for the first year.
6) Programme outline
- Please attach the outline of your Masters Programme of the University of your first choice. Please make sure that your programme has a high content related to Sustainable Energy.
- Please note that programmes that have no or small relation with Sustainable Energy will be discarded
7) Academic reference
Please attach the form ”Masters Academic Reference” provided for this purpose. The form may be downloaded from official website scholarship section.
8) Personal reference, in letter form, must be dated and come from a person (not family member) who can discuss other personal qualities or interest that make you specially qualified to receive the scholarship.
9) Proof of citizenship. Refer to the eligibility section above for country eligibility
The ESED Masters Scholarship deadline is March 9, 2012. All documents must arrive at the Partnership’s General Secretariat by the deadline. All documents arriving after the deadline will not be considered.
How are applications judged?
An Academic Panel consisting of accomplished representatives from Europe, North America and Japan will review the applications. All selections are final and all applicants will be notified.
How will I receive the funds?
Awards will be directly deposited (in US$) into the accounts of the Institution where you are enrolled and provided to you on a regular basis as long as you are making satisfactory progress toward achieving your academic or research requirements.
What are my obligations to the Partnership if I am selected?
You are expected to complete your degree or your research, update the organization about your progress and publish your results. You are required to acknowledge the Partnership’s support when publishing or making presentations on your research and results. We may ask you to present your results at a Partnership function, in which case your out of pocket expenses incurred to make the presentation will be covered by the organization.
For more information, please visit official website .
Mungkin Anda Tertarik
Demikian kami sampaikan tentang Masters Scholarships, Education for Sustainable Energy Development (ESED), Canada semoga informasi tentang Masters Scholarships, Education for Sustainable Energy Development (ESED), Canada ini bermanfaat.